Location: Remote – East Coast
Seed is a consumer engagement platform for dispensaries and brands in the cannabis industry. Hundreds of companies — from the industry’s large enterprise MSOs to ambitious cannabis startups, and across many of the industry’s leading brands — use Seed to educate consumers, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. We are very excited about the opportunity to participate in the development of a new industry.
Our mission is to grow the cannabis industry. We exist to provide the best technology to the upstarts who are building this industry by enabling them to safely educate the consumer.
We take our role as stewards of this new industry very seriously, and know there is a ton of opportunity and a lot of work ahead. That means you have an opportunity to put your fingerprint on this new and rapidly growing industry while doing some of the most impactful work of your career.
About The Team
Seed Technology is headquartered in the laid-back beach community of San Clemente, though most of the team works remotely.
We have created a fun, progressive, and professional environment … with ocean views. We are very serious when it comes to the success of this business and winning but we are not very serious when it comes to ourselves. We are growing, so rapid advancement is a reality for the right person!
The Role – What You’ll Do
You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including the C-Suite and functional leaders. You are capable of initiating these conversations and leading the deal to conclusion.
You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex, multi-party sale in a highly consultative manner, deeply understanding their strategy and how Seed can be a critical component of that.
You are used to building value in competitive situations and enjoy working on products that require deep product understanding, combined with business acumen. Finally, you enjoy building — you like to actively participate in the development of our sales process, the articulation of our value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets.
If you’re motivated, smart, persistent, and a great teammate, we want to hear from you!
- Own a geographical territory and develop territory and account plans for winning and expanding business with high growth dispensaries
- Develop outbound strategies and campaigns to create and nurture opportunities
- Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for MSO and single-state operators
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new clients
- Work with company leaders from multiple functions (e.g., Engineering, Product, and Finance) to lead complex product workshops and financial analyses
- Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
- Sales experience, preferably selling a technical product, with a track record of top performance for several years running
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Ability to develop and execute account and territory plans spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Ability to create and launch targeted email campaigns and account-based strategies
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Interest in technology and a deep understanding of the space
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Remote-friendly work environment
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for advancement
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile. Thank you!